The OAFVC offers resources beyond just food processing. It also provides training, certification, and consultation services to its patrons.
Take a moment to review the list below for services available through the OAFVC:
- Food-Handler Certification (dual certification from HKPRDHU and OAFVC)
- Food-Product-Development Consulting
- Food-Packaging-Development Consulting (including legislation pertaining to label requirements, ingredient declaration, graphic design assistance etc.)
- Business-Development Consulting (including assistance with business plans, applications for any potential funding opportunities, marketing suggestions etc.)
- Shelf-Study Analysis (through partnership with Durham College)
- ATP daily monitoring on food-contact surfaces – part of daily pre-op inspections
- Pathogen-testing services (external lab)
- Various group-training sessions associated with being a new entrepreneur e.g.: learning the pros and cons of owning your own business, how to get started
- Informal meet-and-greet nights where you will meet other entrepreneurs and those in the food industry, enabling you to learn about their products and their successes
- Operational training on all of the equipment provided at the OAFVC
Do you need help with something that is not on our list? maybe we can help put you in touch with the right people! Email us your questions and we will do our best to help you and your agri-food business, today!